Commander Wayne Rigg
Aviation Innovation, Capability & Strategy, County Fire Authority (CFA)
Aviation Innovation, Capability & Strategy - Country Fire Authority, Victoria.
- Career Fire-fighter since 1995.
- Trained in Aerial Fire Fighting in 2005. Qualified in the following roles:-
- Air Observer
- Air Attack Supervisor (NVIS Qualified)
- Air Operations Manager
- Regional Aircraft Resource Coordinator
- Regional Air Operations Manager
- State Aircraft Coordinator
- Deployed in aircraft roles to fires across Australia and 3 deployments to Canada (British Columbia).
- Seconded to Emergency Management Victoria (2017-2019) as Operational Lead for the Night Ops Trial based at Ballarat, Victoria to implement the night operations program into Victorian operations – including gaining CASA approval for the Australian first trial.
- CASA Authorised Officer for Coulson and Kestrel for the night fire-bombing trials.
- Night program received international recognition with:-
- AFF Europe March 2019 – International aerial fire-fighting award
- APSA Night Vision Award July 2019 – International advancement.
- Working with NAFC on aviation projects of national significance.